Pages

March 17, 2012

It's here!

I can't believe it's already here... The half marathon is tomorrow!!!

Today has been fun.  I am nervous and excited all at once.  My confidence was definitely shaken over the last week and half after not running much and being sick.  Unbelievably, I am STILL blowing my nose even today (ew, sorry), and I can still feel it in my chest that I am just not where I was two weeks ago (wellness-wise).  After seeing how my (short) short runs went on Thursday and Friday, I've decided I need to let go of any time goal I had begun to set for myself and just concentrate on finishing—without stopping or walking.  And I am OK with that.  I look forward to having fun with something we have been anticipating for so long.  I am going to give it my all with what I've got at this point in time, and by the grace of God I will finish 13.1 miles!!!

There has been so much love and support from family and friends today.  I received a very sweet and encouraging e-mail from my father-in-law this morning, and I also received a very sweet and encouraging card in the mail from my brother-in-law.  My mom is on her way now (to stay with us tonight and be there tomorrow), and my sister is making the trip in one day tomorrow to be there early and see me finish.  I am overwhelmed and grateful for their sacrifice!!

Of course Trey will be there as well... he's the one getting up BRIGHT and early to get me down to Mayfaire so I can catch one of the trolleys at 5:30a.m. that will take me to the start line down at the beach.  I am working on a little "post-race survival kit" for him to have when I finish:
essentials :)

The Expo this morning was bustling and full of excitement.  Lots of people, lots of vendors, lots of fun!  I picked up my number, which is just one of those things that makes it all start to seem more real...
yay!

And of course there was tons of swag.  Here are just a few of the things I picked up...
loving the tall socks!

This year's official WB Marathon shirt is really cute!

I also met up with a few of the girls I've been training with and picked up my race-day T-shirt.  Our group had shirts made for all of us to wear tomorrow.  (Super cute AND dry-fit... can't lose! ;) )  I love it!!
front
back- Hebrews 12:1

On another note, I'm supposed to be loading up on carbs all weekend to prepare for tomorrow... I knew I picked the right sport!!! ;)  Also trying to stay off my feet now that I'm home today, and drinking lots of water to stay hydrated... tomorrow will be a much warmer day than what we've trained in.  (This mild winter of runs in the '50s has really spoiled us!)  Oh, and I'm tweaking my race playlist.  I need to add a couple more songs to make sure I have about two and half hours worth of music... um, that is crazy. :)

Other than that, I'm just keeping the positive thoughts rolling.  And the adrenaline is definitely already kicking in!  That + the wonderful support from friends and family, aside from (most of all) the grace and strength of God, is going to be what gets me through this race tomorrow.  And if I'm still not feeling 100% come tomorrow morning, well then it's just another opportunity to cross over one more hurdle... making the finish that much sweeter.  Words can't express my gratitude to those who have joined me along this journey—both fellow runners and awesome supporters.  I am beyond grateful for the encouragement, motivation, challenge, advice, accountability, and fellowship that so many have provided.  Thank you, thank you!  Let's do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment