Pages

June 18, 2012

Ummm...

Almost 20 pounds down since Christmas?!  Almost 15 pounds down since starting the Body by Vi 90-Day Challenge on April 1st?!

This is crazy for me.  I was never the girl who yo-yo'ed with her weight.  I worked out hard, all the time, and yet was the queen of maintenance.  I worked out so I could at least maintain what I had... I could never seem to lose.

My first 5 pounds down were shed over a period of three months while training for my half marathon.  I lost 6 in my first week on the Body by Vi shakes.  I have only had two days since April 1st of having two "normal" meals that day and only one shake as a meal replacement.  Every other day besides those two, I have had these shakes as meal replacements for two of my main meals for the day.  That's crazy!

The discipline has certainly paid off.  You absolutely have to be determined and dedicated.  In my mind, why in the world do something halfway if by doing it right you can reach your goal?!  The one and ONLY thing I haven't liked (lately) about doing the shakes is that is has de-motivated me to work out.  Why go to the gym at all this week when I know I'm going to lose 1 to 2 pounds anyway?  This is a whole new thing for me.  I used to get anxious about having even ONE weekday a week that I WASN'T able to work out!  I used to work out every single weekday and at least once on weekends if I could.

I am definitely an advocate for BOTH diet and exercise.  I absolutely believe you need both.  So even though I obviously can lose weight just by adding the shakes in my diet alone, I am so ready to get back into a routine with working out.

One reason I haven't done a thing over the past 2+ weeks is being sick with bronchitis...  I am only JUST NOW feeling back to normal and like I'm ready to hit the gym (or go running) again...

I dreamt of running the other night.  I can. not. wait. to run again.

I can update more later, but I just wanted to check in with results from a 90-Day Challenge that is nearing completion.  I only have one more pound to lose until I reach what I had projected to be my "goal weight."  It was hard to guess what I would look like at that number from the front end, so I may actually end up pushing that back another 5 or so pounds.  But I am SO PLEASED with these results.  Eventually I will be doing just one shake a day as a meal replacement... to maintain my weight at a place where I WANT to be!!!

It has taken so long to get here.  I am so thankful to God for giving me the strength to do it and for giving both Trey and I another way - through it - to help others.  We are so looking forward to our next shake tasting benefit coming up... details to follow...


Exciting!  Thanks, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment